Monday, March 19, 2012

Thai food pt. 2

 

The first dish here is vegetarian pad si ew. I almost always choose rice over noodles, but when it comes to Thai food I occasionally choose the more processed stuff. And when I do, it's usually pad thai because it's familiar and relatively comforting. But not this day. This dish had tofu, eggs, broccoli, carrots, cabbage and some other good shit. At first, I thought the food at my guesthouse was going to be expensive, but apparently that was just for Western food. This was only 40B (US$1.33).


Today, I intended to go to the same place I ate last night, but it was closed, fortunately for me. So, I went to the restaurant a few doors down and this is what I found. It wasn't on the menu, but every restaurant can make fried rice so I asked for it. Can you make fried rice with eggs, tofu, vegetables and cashews? The cashews, initially forgotten, came later in a separate bowl. Delicious and only 35B (US$1.17). Now seriously, can they be making any money!? In Vietnam, this would be 24,000VND. The food in Vietnam is cheap, but you would never find it this cheap.


And finally, this was my dinner tonight. I decided to go back to the same place I had lunch. It was that good and cheap. And well, the wait staff was pretty cute and surprise, surprise, they were not ladyboys. I didn't bring my camera so I had to take this grainy shot with my mobile. A vegetarian green curry with lots of vegetables and tofu. I think all that soy has enlarged my breasts. Anyway, it tasted as it looks, de-freakin-licious. The curry was 40B (US$1.33), the rice was 10B (US$0.33) and the big beer Chang was 55B (US$1.83). You cannot find a cheaper, more delicious green curry outside of Thailand. I am not George Zimmer so I will not guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment