Friday, November 16, 2012

Spider bites, keloid injections and necrotic toe tissue

Let's keep this brief and I'm not talking about underwear. I'm tired and my body is in distress. Therefore, this body needs additional sleep to combat the forces that are conspiring against it. First of all, that fucking spider. I have no proof they are actually spider bites, but I can assure they are not from mosquitoes. The itch on my belly, despite the frequent applications of hydrocortisone, has not subsided. The ones on my knees are also still painful even five days later. Squeezing and extracting pus has been a recurring event in my life the past couple of days. I kind of like it, but I think eventually the novelty will wear off. Left knee pictured below.


Right knee has two bites, each of which seemingly didn't fare as bad as the left knee bite. Pic below for your viewing pleasure.



And finally, let me show you my toe. My second big toe on my right foot to be exact. It must have been at least two weeks ago now when I stubbed it in the middle of the night and drew blood. And then spent hours at the orphanage standing in mud or foul water up to my mid-calf while painting the walls. I was worried about that, but doused it in iodine or put some antibiotic lotion on it in the evenings hoping that would suffice. Apparently not. The wound is still festering and now I'm putting hydrogen peroxide on it. The pic below shows it healing on the left, albeit slightly and fizzing up on the right immediately after contact with the peroxide. Yum!


That's all I got for you at the moment. I could go on and on about the redness around my neck and face caused by a combination of excess sun exposure and ineffective suntan lotion. Or the itchiness on my back, especially around certain moles. I'm pretty sure that's due to excess UV exposure. I'm certainly not going around bare-chested so clearly the sun is getting through the less than protective fibers of my shirt. Got to rethink that as itchy moles do not sit well with me.

And then there is the keloid on my chest. Two of them. Getting all big and swollen. Red in color and occasionally itchy, there is little to do about these bastards, but occasionally get an injection. Not really sure exactly what the medicine is, but suffice it to say, getting an injection, wait, two injections, in the middle of one's chest and filling up the keloid with medicine is not a comfortable feeling. It is, however, rather inexpensive and eventually worth it so I figured might as well have my whole body out of order at the same time. Unfortunately, I do not have pics of that. I know, I know. I'm sorry. I'll do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment