Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sore throats and constipation


I just shaved my mustache. If you could call it that. I think I had it growing for nearly 10 days. I didn’t keep track. Anyway, it was a personal challenge of sorts to try and appear creepy and not creep out myself. To not let it make me angry. When I feel like an idiot, I get angry. Tonight I’d had enough I guess. And after a glass of Kahlua on the rocks and thinking that perhaps my love life was also on the rocks, I realized there was no reason to be growing such an abomination. I looked more like a boy who’d just hit puberty trying to look older with the few facial hairs that I actually have.

Well, that’s done. And now I’m testing my fake Beats by Dr Dre headphones. I have no idea what the real deal sounds like, but I’m pretty sure it’s not worth the extra $145. Not to me anyway. I haven’t worn headphones like these since 1987. Sitting here with a bloated belly. Love the bloat. Thanks to some fucker with a dirty finger. I hate food poisoning. First the runs and then constipation. A nasty combination. Shit happens and then it doesn’t. It’s time for some psyllium or a lethal injection, I’m not sure yet.

I’m tired of complaining. I realized that this evening. Riding my ugly yellow bicycle down my pot-holed road after unlocking the gate in the darkness. Fuck all this, sell the bike and upgrade and move into a guesthouse. I don’t know why I put up with what I do sometimes, maybe just so I have a story or something to complain about. When I was your age…blah blah blah.

I’ve got about 15 movies in the queue and the list just keeps growing. I haven’t studied Khmer in what seems like ages. I need someone with whom I can practice my skills or lack of skills is more like it. I also keep putting off the guitar purchase. I guess I don’t want to buy it and shelve it immediately. Or get into it for a week and then say I’m too busy. I know myself too well unfortunately. What else haven’t I done lately? No gym for four days, but that was beyond my control. Another reason why I’m feeling a bit soft at the moment. Seeing all these ripped Khmer men around certainly doesn’t make me aroused, but it does make me jealous. And then I go and buy another bag of cookies. My weakness.

I think I’m going to get some more moles eradicated from my body tomorrow. If time allows. I’ve had some cut and stitched, some lasered, some cut by my own fingernail clippers and some by some kind of electrolysis procedure. I’ll just call it that. Rub in some cream to reduce the pain and then run a hot needle over the mole seemingly removing the mole root by root. Didn’t hurt too much and seems to be healing well. I’ll have to see if I can negotiate an hourly rate rather than a rate per mole. I still have that many. And I’m still obsessed with getting them removed.

My throat hurts. Fuuuuuuck. That again. Sucking on a lozenge right now. Better than a dick. Maybe not to you. It’s almost time for bed, just trying to ignore the fact it’s only 10:45pm. And trying to remember I didn’t go to bed until 5:30 this morning. Kind of explains the mood and the tickle in my throat. Hoping I can learn to sleep like a baby again one day. Just lie down and pass out when I’m tired rather than from the consumption of too much alcohol. I haven’t done that in a long time, honest. The bed is calling my name, me thinks. Where’s my blankie?

Written 17 October

No comments:

Post a Comment