Sunday, November 11, 2012

Flat tires, toe infections and oatmeal cookies

I woke up this morning with a dry mouth and a mustache. And my front bike tire was flat. Sweet. This was coming after an evening when I got my phone stolen. And ten hours at the orphanage stepping on nails, getting electrocuted and absorbing way too much Vitamin D. The mustache is coming in nicely, I might add. Nicely for me. The hairs are getting longer and filling in the gaps and I think she might be visible from afar. I also woke up with a few new mosquito bites and a couple spider bites. Those are always nice. Itch differently and swell accordingly.


Overall however, my day was fine. Just busy. I got a new phone and I must say a cheap phone was all I ever needed. I don't need to be taking shitty pictures with an over-glorified camera phone and I hardly ever listened to the music I had on there. Internet access from my phone was also something I never really needed. I didn't need to see what was happening on Facebook from the cafe or before I went to sleep or when I was bored and wanted to appear busy. So that frees up a few minutes a day and eliminates one of my bad habits.

Now, I'm in an air-conditioned fishbowl sipping on an iced coffee and eating some oatmeal cookies. Unfortunately, the most annoying couple is skyping away next to me and no matter how much sugar syrup I add to my coffee, it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Shut the fuck up. People need to know what is acceptable and what is not. Skyping out of necessity for a few minutes is okay, but doing it every fucking time you go to the coffee shop is taking liberties. I think this is the same couple who were praising Jesus over the internets the last time I was here.

Now they've shut up. They must have heard me muttering under my breath. I got oatmeal stuck between my teeth. The infection on my right toe, next to the big one, seems to be contained. I knew stepping in the mud and putrid water at the orphanage might be problematic day after day, especially after stubbing my toe and opening a flesh wound. Something obviously got in there, but pouring a bit of hydrogen peroxide on the infestation gives me a moment of relief as the wound quickly turns white and bubbles, which I view as a positive sign. It doesn't seem to itch anymore.

I needed this little moment of respite. My t-shirt is not clinging to my chest for a minute. My mosquito and spider bites aren't itching as much. The iced coffee has not made me delirious as usual. I need a green salad. Some nutrition. Some raw vegetables. A chimney sweep of the intestines. In other words. Sorry you had to know that. Too much rice, I guess. That's what everyone keeps saying. I think I'm going to go buy a motorcycle. I need motorized wheels. My bicycle is great for short distance travel, but my legs are tired. And so is my ass. Too much pedaling and frying under the great rays of the sun. I am way overdue to feel the wind in my face again. I miss it.

But despite all of the above, things are good. I'm not complaining despite what has happened, what is happening and what might happen. I'm busy and have no time for drinking, going out and being an idiot. Drinking more fruit shakes and coconuts and going to bed earlier even though I still sleep like a baby with a mess in his diaper. It's either too hot, I ate too much too late, I can't clear my mind or I don't have a warm body to spoon, which I assume to be the cause of my sleep deprivation. Somehow I slowly put myself together in the morning and get on my with day and the cycle typically repeats itself. I'm crying out for pity here!

Ok, thanks for your shoulder. I'm better now. I've absorbed enough air-conditioning to be comfortable outside for at least three minutes. Getting antsy for some greens and some water to dilute the coffee that's running wild through my veins. Don't worry about me. I'll survive. Time to pay up, saddle up and get the hell on outta here. Be productive. Until next time. I miss you already.

No comments:

Post a Comment